Monday, June 22, 2009

Didn't summer begin yesterday?

I don't know, maybe I'm just really partial to the warm climate, but I've always considered May-Septemberish summer, then until february winter, and March and April to be windy as F. But that's just me, and my vida de Nuevo Mexico perhaps.
What's in store for summer is more school, super fantastic awesome school as a matter of fact. Lately during daytime hours, when I'm not in class, I've been dutifully working as a research assistant/lab tech/errand boy at my school, the Dept of Fishery and Wildlife Science. The job is basically ideal, I have been enjoying it very much, but holy geez I'd much prefer getting in 4-6 hours of good recliner time during the average day. Since that has never happened, and isn't likely to here in the near future, I will continue working and attending super fantastic awesome second session. Besides all those normal what have you's I spend a decent amount of time most weeks attending Wildlife Society events, meetings, and fundraisers.
All of these things take up considerable amounts of my time, though perhaps more importantly for me and my salvation comes the time of leisure. Once in a while I'll saunter off to one of the local watering holes for entertainment, but more often I'm making my way out through the wilderness somewhere. Quite possibly the greatest attribute of nature is its' endless opportunity for enjoyment. If the appreciation for and connection to nature is within, you really needn't a particular reason to find yourself out in the vast stretches. For now, I shall pursue some homework related tasks and jam out a little, it's a southern rock opera night, and tomorrow we begin again!

1 comment: